Well, that was weird.
The Athletic Blog : Snow Day
Tips for using your bike in the snow:
1. Flat Pedals are your friend. I know that they don’t look as cool on your race machine - no matter what it is - but trust me - you will be dryer and warmer cruising around in your winter boots on flat pedals.
2. Let some air out. You do not need 100psi to ride on slippery snow. Plus, if you have fatty tires you can go down to 30 or something fun. Even with the cross bike.
3. “lean back, now lean back, now lean back.” Fat Joe knew what he was talking about. Let your front wheel guide you and just keep pedaling. (even lil bow wow is throwing it up.)
4. Watch out for icy ruts. Those things want to send you into oncoming traffic. Just pick up your front wheel gently over the top of them.
5. Disc brakes. You didn’t want them for racing. But who knew how useful they would be for riding to work?
6. Have fun. This shit is the best! Especially with friends.
Stay Wild! Stay Wild! Stay Wild!
Our pal Justin - seen here in his little video - has created a free - fantastic looking adventure magazine. He just needs a little help from you and all your friends to make it happen. DO IT!
Yes, I took a photo while in a race.